Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Ice Photo 25

(January 25th)

We did get our Ice...

As the storm was coming the county was getting worried, ice, lots  of ice.  They decided that it was probably going to hit us bad and they did not want any buses on the roads when it did so they changed the 3 hour early release to a 4 hour one and it was a rush to get kids through cafeteria line and on to home.  How did we hear our kids were getting out an extra hour before what they announced the day before?  In my case my 14 year old son, Jesse, texted me and said they are already being released!!!  
WHAT!!!!  

I was across town going to the one store I need to go before the storm hit to complete a project due that night (which got cancelled and rescuduled to the next day).  As luck had it my other son had a doctor's appointment that morning and it started when the the older one was going to get out with the 3 hour early release and so I asked my husband to please, please see about working from home so he could pick up Jesse.  So a quick call to him and Jesse got pick up easy right!  Lol!  If only!  My hubby calls and asked if I was sure because there were no cars in the school parking lot picking up kids!  I told him I did not care to play this game just go into the office and have our son pulled and take him home.  So he went to the front office and he text me.  "It is a zoo in here.  A ton of kids are in here calling their parents to pick them up."  Yep!  Thats right no one new that their kids need to be picked up an hour earlier!!!  Thank God My Boy Has A Cell Phone!!!!

So after I was done at the store I decided that this early release crap was a mess and I was going to go ahead and pick up my other 2 kids now do the doctor's appointment and go home.  And boy that poor elementary school was trying to keep it together but I was not the only one with this idea and my 10 year, Cole, the one with the appointment, was testing.  Hahaha!!!  Could the day get any better!  As luck had it he had finished his test right before I pulled him and his sister (plus one friend's kid who was unable to pick him up, I dropped him off at his home before the doc. apt.).  

On our way to the doc. apt. we saw snow flakes but by the time we got there it had turned mostly into icy rain.  The doc. office was busy, they wanted to close early and was trying to fit in as many apt. as they could before they did.  Add new insurance card so forms to fill, long wait in the waiting, in the hall outside the patient's room, than in the tiny patient's room.  We were not happy campers, good thing I really like this doctor!  And we had a window to watch the little pieces ice bouncing off the road, plants, and of corse the window.  

Over all not a fun day for me!  I was so happy when I finally got home with my kids safe and sound.  The whole family was home and we were ready for what this ice storm was going to throw at us.  (Well maybe not a power outage but thankfully that did not happen!)  
Even with them closing schools early there still was a bus accident  one town over with 22 elementary school kids on it!  Thank goodness there were no major injuries!  Another bus was in an accident but luckily it did not have any children on it.

I hope everyone is safe and sound this winter!
~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~Ra~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...