Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Storm, 6 Kids, Power Outage, & 1 Crazy Mom!

Let me start with "no kids were harmed"  
(but the mom is still "crazy")

So Lila and I had a great morning, we dropped the boys off at camp, and a friend picked us up to take us to the museum.  We had a great time at the museum, lunch with our friends, and some doughnuts!  We then picked up the boys from camp. 

Later I get a call from what I call my "Matching Family" (they have matching kids to mine) and my BFF needs me to watch some of her kids for 45 minutes while she goes to the chiropractor.  I tell her just bring them all over so they all can play.  

So I have my 3 - ages 13, 10, & 5 
And I have her 3 - ages 13, 9, & 4
6 Kids total in our tinny place!
(yes I may be a little crazy)

As her kids walked in the door I made sure everyone, EVERYONE (meaning mine too), knew that we were not going to play video games.  There was a little thunder outside so the boys decided to make up a new game, a Zombie Tag game.  Which ended up very loud and with lots of banging upstairs.  That does not work when you are the middle unit in a group of townhouses.  I am pretty sure that if the neighbors on ether side were home they were wonder what the heck was going on over there!  I hadn't heard thunder in a little while so I sent the boys out side to play their Zombie Tag game... that need swords?  Oh well Out Side with YOU!  

The girls on the other hand were nicely coloring!

It was not long before I heard the thunder again, we were expiating a storm and when the rain started I made them come in.  One of them turned on the tv and I thought great idea that will keep them quite and entertained.  (Why did I say no games?)  But than the power started flickering, nothing new since this place is old.  It was really windy outside and the rain was coming down in sheets!  They had to give up on the idea of tv and/or computers, with all the flickering we had to start shutting things off!  

And then it happened... 
 The Power Went OFF!  Lol!  
6 kids and Me!

I had to look for flash lights and candles.  The boys were trying to tell ghost stories in the dark, the girls were screaming!  I was getting a little crazy, oh wait I was already a little crazy after the loud game upstairs!  I was Mad Crazy!  Had to talk in a stern voice telling the girls to stop screaming and who ever was in charge of the flash light need to stop flashing it into peoples eyes (not saying any names, Lila!)!  The oldest of the other clan of kids was very helpful, but it may have been b/c he tends to get very worried very fast so he stuck with me as I was trying to find candles, light them, and then find safe places for them to be placed.  It was not long before I got a text from my BFF saying she was on her way to pick up her kids.  I sighed with relief, it's all most over.  But those minutes waiting felt like forever!  We waited with the door open, watching and waiting.  Finally we see her pull up and her 2 boys dash out the door in the poring rain, I scooped up the little girl who never want to leave and ran her to the van!  

6 Kids vs. Me was over!!!

Here is my Facebook humor, 
it may or my not make sense now that have explained the whole story! 



I love that my Husband checks in to make sure that I have not gone postal yet!
I am starting to get the feeling that he may not trust me with the kids!  Lol


All in all the power was out for like 30'ish minutes or so, not to bad.  And we lived through it!  (although I don't think the crazy is going away any time soon!  just so you know)
Hahaha

~Love~Enjoy~Smile~Happiness~
~Ra~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...