Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Car-less for the Week'ish

July 9th-17th
So on Saturday we wanted to go out and so we pilled up into the Van drove done the street saw that there was a train stopped at the satiation blocking the way we wanted to go and turned around to take a diffident direction and when making the 3 turn we heard a POP and a CLANK!  My front brake on the driver side that has been making a lot of noise lately decided he did not want to go any further with us and the van and came right off!  Luckily we were still less than 5 minutes from home and had 3 other brakes still good so we turned around and went home!  Lol!  We still went out but had to take the truck instead which is no fun when it is hot out, we are sitting closer together with no AC and the passenger window doesn't open!  But we weren't going far so what ever, point A to B then to C and back to A accomplished.  And Sunday we just stayed home.


But as of Monday Hubby needing the truck to get himself to work, we were with out a car!  Stuck at home!  The Torture, the Agony!  


But surprisingly the week was not as bad as I thought it was going to be!  I am super glad that I have cleaned up the table and doing puzzle after puzzle, got a box with 10 puzzle in it for $14'ish at Walmart!  It has keep me busy and it is pretty relaxing.


Day 1~ Monday We....
Watched Doctor Who and did some chores.  Surprisingly everyone got along for the most part.


Day 2 ~Tuesday We....
We walked to the Library to get new books plus got 'Free Willy 3' from Netflix.  Jesse had a friend over while Lila and I made some necklaces with a bead kit I had put up for a "rain day".  We did a little more cleaning. Lila had swim class. 


Day 3 ~ Wednesday We....
Had hubby drop us off for my one clean job before he went to work and then he picked us up durning his lunch brake.  He took us out for lunch, Yay!  The kids got to visit with their beloved Nana before she had to rush off to work.  And Lila and I got to take a well need nap in the afternoon since we were up at 5am changing her clothes and bed!  It's times like these that we are so thankful Hubby works right down the street!


Day 4 ~ Thursday We...  
The kids were getting antsy so we walked to the bank, which thankfully right down the street to get a check cashed for a job the boys did for one of hubby's coworkers, burned his collection of dvd to his computer.  Boys were so happy to have some of their money, some went into savings!  On our way home we stopped by a pond and walked around finding a huge frog, he was quick to get away so I was unable to get a snap shot of him.  We also was able to catch a baby turtle!  


Day 5 ~ Friday We...
I can't remember what we did Friday so it must have been mostly uneventful!  Lol!  We all need days like that!!!!


Day 6 & 7~
Over the weekend we had hubby agin to drive us in the truck and we did a little school shopping.  Boys got new lunch bags and Lila being this is her first year in big girl school got a book bag!!!  And on Sunday Hubby dropped me off at the mall so I could hang out with a friend and have a well need break from the kids!  Yay!


Day 8 ~ The Next Monday
Cole scared the s*** out of me, he stuck his finger through a key hole in a server rack door and could not get it out! When he started to call for me and I did not know what it was about but as soon as I saw his little finger starting to swell I knew we need to act fast & stay calm!!! Got the eucerin call Hubby to let him know that we may be calling 911 in hopes they have something that cuts metal around small things or perhaps even cut a finger off!  After face-timing to show Hubby how bad it was he told me to try the petroleum jelly on top of the eucerin, so I messaged that on both sides of his finger, hanging up w/ hubby so he can rush home to help or make the decision to call for help. I had to keep reminding Cole to stay calm and just breath (I too need to stay calm so he would not panic any more than he was & his finger would swell faster). And what felt like forever (was probably 10mins) Cole wiggled his knuckle free!!! Called Hubby back and told everything was ok! And got to hold my 10 yr old baby in my arms till he calmed down & felt better! We got lucky, next time we may not so let's not stick anything else in holes!!!!!

Day 9 ~ The Next Tuesday
On Tuesday morning, early, we dropped the van off to have the brakes fixed so I drove it with hubby behind me and it sounded so BAD!  He than dropped us off at home before going to work.  I, who have been irritated with my hair, decided I wanted to walk to the drug store to pick up some hair dye.  It's not to much further that the library in a different direction, how hard could it be!?!  Right!?!  Well we had a late start and it was HOT already plus there was VERY LITTLE SHADE in that direction.  Complaining kids + long hot walk = a call to the hubby to see if he could take an early lunch!  Lol!  He said he would try!  We got to the drug store walked around a bit, cooled down, we were in no hurry!!!    Then decided to muddle over to the gas station, they have cheep drinks including icees! Then I talked the kids into the other drug store where we found a birthday present for their Nana while we waited for their dad to show up.  And he did and they were so happy to get into the hot truck, ac doesn't work to well in it, to head home to the cool house!  Lol!  I was so HAPPY when I got a call for my Hubby saying that we can pick up the truck as soon as he got off work!!!  Yippy-Skippy!!!  We did end up being late for swim class but well worth it to have my van back!!!!  


What a wild 9 days!
~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~RA~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...