Monday, July 9, 2012

My Revenge On The Tent....

April 24th 
I would love to say that after my son's very wet and rainy cub scout campout I was able to burn the tent and say my camping days are over (I HATE CAMPING) but unfortunately he has another half year with cub scouts till he is a boy scout.  So after a rainy weekend I had to take our tent over to my in-laws house, since they have an awesome deck so the tent wouldn't be on the dirty wet ground, to air out and dry!
 It was a struggle for me to set it up by myself, I had help at the campout from one of the dads camped next to us.  Every time I got one pole in the other side would pop out!  For a moment I got really frustrated and called the hubby angry asking if he could come this way for his lunch and help me.  But after venting my frustrations I felt a little better and was able to do it myself!!!  No Hubby Needed!  
TAKE THAT YOU STUPID TENT!
 Next I next I swept and wiped it out. 
I wanted to leave it there for a couple of hours but did not want it to blow away on this chilly day after the rainy weekend so I tied it down to the deck, chair, and what ever furniture was close by!  I couldn't just use the spikes into the wooded deck so creativity was key!  Lol


 The tarp thing that goes over the tent was so big that I just draped it over the side and tied it down since it was getting a lot of wind, it looked like the parachutes used for children games.  I really thought it might blow away!!!

All in all it got plenty of air and dried out nicely, packed it up so it will be good to go the next time it is need!  Hopefully no time soon!!!
Did I mention I HATE CAMPING!
The things we do for our kids!!!  
One day they will appreciate what we do for them... right!?! 
Hahaha!!!!

~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~Ra~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...