Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros & Cons...

Pros & Cons to Up Grading to a Rental Home!

We are currently in a town home (that I have learned to hate, it's just toooo small!!!) and would love to move into a house but it is not just as easy as clicking my red shoes together and wishing to have one!  So we are thinking about the options....

~stay where are till we are ready to buy
or
~renting a house

I would love to buy so at the end of the day the place would be mine to change anything I want, paint the walls any color I or the kids want, change the yard to have the trees and flowers I want, kids could have their own rooms, by the appliances I want, a yard the kids and the dog can run and play in...
But unfortunately we never seem to be "ready"

So we started looking for homes to rent.  But as we look I can't help but think that if we do rent a house the cost of rent will go up which will put us further away from the BIG goal of owning! 

We did find a house that was only a little over $250 more a month in rent but it was not much bigger than the town house we are in so here are the Pros & Cons...


Pros:
*Everyone (well kids) would have there own room!!!! (This is what we want the most!)
*Right School District!!!
*Fenced in bigger back yard
*My Own Drive Way!!!  (I hate it when people park in the spot that I clam as mine!)
*Linen Closet! (yes we don't have one and it has been a pain!)
*A Pantry and a Coat Closet! (we have turned our downstairs coat closet into a pantry and it has been a pain to figure out what to do w/ the coat during the winter)
*Bigger Closet for Hubby & I!  (Do I need to say more, lol)
*In our price range!  (most homes are $500+ more a month than we pay here)


Cons:
*The back yard is all red clay!!!  (do not want to fight that on the carpet)
*Living room and Kitchen are a lot smaller! (worried about where the fish tanks would go)
*Rent is MORE! (so owning will take longer to do)
*The opening to the attic is smaller!  (the big boxes that we have in ours would not fit through it)
*Where to store the bigger item that won't fit attic
*It is through a rental company so they are stricter  (can't paint walls & add a trampoline, two things I wanted to do) 
*Ugly Beige(or Cream) colored walls!  (I have been living w/ them for 4 year and as luck would have it they are the same ugly color at the house we found)
*To get to the back door you would have to go through my room or go out the front door and through the gate
*Landry room is not finished so it is wood beams


So... What do you think?
We can fix a few of the Cons like mulching the back yard so kids and dog don't track in the red clay.  Hubby thinks that it would probably be ok to paint the walls white.  Put one fish tank in our room, one in living room, one in  dinning/kitchen area and get rid of most of the small ones.  Get smaller boxes for some things in attic and use the move to go through and get rid of all the junk we have collected and don't need.   

So I think that now makes the Pros more right!?!
We just can't decide since the place was not "Perfect", but what place would be!?!  I was hoping for a little more....
So do we wait???
Or do we get it???


~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~Ra~





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...