Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Something That Makes Me Happy

Something that has made me really happy lately is that I got to start my fresh water fish tank! Any one that knows me knows that my hubby has an (lets call it) addiction to salt water fish, corals, crabs... well all the cool things you put in a salt water tank!
I do love the salt water fish and our 'Dory' & 'Nemo' but there are some fresh water fish I REALLY wanted! PINEAPPLE SWORDTAILS!

So we took the tank that has been sitting empty for quite a while (use to be salt water but he upgraded them to a bigger tank)
~reused a filter that we already had (but had to get new stuff to go inside so that we were not putting salt back into the tank)
~got water using the RO filter hooked to the hose outside (this took the longest time but was done in one day!)
~and last but least threw in a RosyRed fish that we had on hand (we feed them to the Lion Fish)
Then come the fun part since we reused most of the stuff I got to buy new rocks, plants, fish, and a cool little shrimp!
Bamboo Shrimp

African Dwarf Frog & Solar Flare Swordtail Fish
(the frog unfortunately had an accident w/ the filter. We will get another one when we get a better cover for the intake on the filter)

Fancy Guppy up at the top & Swordtails in the back corner

MY PINEAPPLE SWORDTAILS!
=)

So this is what it looks like today!

~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~Ra~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...