Friday, October 29, 2010

My Sick October and New Goals....

So we all have goals in life, right?
We usually think about them around the end of or beginning of a new year. But I am thinking about some goals for my life NOW! I have been sick, functional, but sick and tired all the time all month long with bad headaches and body aches as the weather keeps bouncing up and down since the end of September! And now that October is coming to a close I have been really sick with lots of snot, tons of coughing (so much so that my diaphragm hurts, wish it was a little lower and from doing sit ups or crunches! lol) my throat hurts, my eyes are gunky when I get up in the morning, my ears feel like there is something in them, and I'm still getting those head aches!!! I am so tired, I'm up half the night coughing, you know b/c when it's time to go to bed that is when all the coughing and snot come and in the wee hours in the morning (3am) when the meds wear off!!! Gross I know but you get sick too and it's never pretty!

So now that I have a little more energy (of core that depends on the time of day and how many Advil I have taken!) I look around my house and see......
*It looks like a tornado hit it!!!
*Toys everywhere!
*The hair (cat, dog, and even people too since there are 5 of us living here) is very visible on the dirty linoleum floor!
*I have keep up with the dishes and the laundry other wise we wold be naked eating out of our hands.
*Oh and did I mention the cat box smells pretty bad!!!
Lol!

So this brings me back to my goals: clean house! exercise! eating well! taking care of ME so I can keep taking care of others! RIGHT!?! Well not so easy when you put 3 others ahead of yourself + your husband (sometimes). I thought with all 3 kids in school that finally I would be able to have time to work on said goals, but 2+ months later it is apparent that it is not so easy. I need to do some real soul searching and really work hard on them and that is my GOAL as I get better from this nasty head cold! WORK HARDER at working on having the CLEAN HOUSE, getting a WALK in every day (future goal is to turn walk into run) with the dog, and EAT BETTER!!!
*More veggies and fruit less fast food, sodas, burgers, hot dogs, and about half the meals I make for dinner and eat for lunch! Need to find healthier meals, like a fish one, that the family likes. I am baking chicken breast more then frying, baking lots sweet potatoes instead of using the bagged mash potatoes, and making my own pot pie instead of buying the boxed kit these day so I have been trying!!!!
*As for the walking that one should be easy. I drop off my oldest at middle school come home and have 30 minutes of free time before I have to wake up the other 2 kids. So instead of going back to bed b/c you know I not fall back into a good sleep in 30 min. I should leash up the dog and walk for 15 min. then turn around and walk back for 15 min.! I could even try to drop off the boy 10 min. earlier and make it 20 min. out, 20 min. back! I will start this Monday and it will be good for me and the dog since her only outing these days is the itty bitty townhouse sized fenced in back yard.
*The hardest is the clean house! Yes cleaning is not my favorite thing to do, in fact I HATE it! There is so much stuff w/ no where to put it! Thank goodness it is not so bad that we need to get a hoarders show out here to help us, but there is a lot of stuff in this small old home and there are 5 of us living here! Like the place doesn't have a pantry so we turned the closet for the coats into one so now were do you put coat when it is cold out? The up stairs kids closets were shelved before we moved it which is nice for toys but not hanging clothes. So I got some of those hooks that stick to the wall, you know the command ones, to hang on the wall by the front door, not pretty but it works for now. But back to my point it is not a very practical place for a family w/ a lot of stuff so stuff is every where and makes cleaning hard! Braking it down is the way to do, now I need to come up w/ a routine schedule (easy part) to do ever week and (the hard part) sticking to it! I often say I will do this today and then don't saying I will do it tomorrow and well it never gets done that way. I know that Wednesday is the perfect day to do the bathrooms b/c the boy do it on the weekend and don't always do a great job but it gives it a couple of days between. Vacuuming and sweeping should be done daily but that I know is unrealistic for me to get done right now so twice a week sounds better, maybe vacuuming Mondays and Thursdays and sweeping Tues. and Fri. w/ moping on Tues. Laundry and dishes are a daily things as needed. Now dusting, that one of the ones I hate so I do it sadly ones a month or so, maybe I should it do Thurs. The cat box I really should do once a week and a good day would be Tues. since the trash man comes Wed. morning. So the schedule is looking like this....
Mon= vacuum, couponing
Tues= sweep/mop, cat box, bring trash cans around
Wed= bathrooms, boys bring trash cans back
Thurs= vacuum, dust
Fri= sweep
weekend= boys clean bathroom
every (school) week day= walk dog
laundry, dishes and trash as needed
spare time need to reorganize= boys room first, then Lila's, mine, redo laundry room when I have a little extra money (need new laundry sorting baskets and a pace to hang stuff to dry)
How does it look? Did I leave anything out?
Grocery shopping is done after we get payed so that varies which mean meal planing varies.

I am feeling good about this! I will let you know Friday how I did this week, wish me luck I will need it if this head cold doesn't go away soon!!!

And remember.....

~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~RA~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...