Friday, July 9, 2010

Jesse's Camp Out

This week has been so hard on me!!!
My oldest has gone to summer camp
with his boy scout group for a WEEK!!!
But Wednesday they did a Family Day and I got to
him, how he was doing, where he was sleeping,
and where he spending his time!
Cole came with me on the 1hr. 20min. 'ish drive to go see Jesse! We left Lila home w/ Daddy so I did not have to chase her around the woods and all my attention would be on Jess! (Hubby made sandwich for dinner, lol, and she ate it all!)



Swimming... Jesse past his first test and the red means he is a beginner! Maybe next he can up it and be able to learn canoeing.

Jesse and Cole in Jesse's tent.
The Weather Rock was pretty cute (oh these are boy scouts so maybe say awesome, lol) What it did not tell you that the temp out side was over 100, but there was a lot of shade thank goodness!!! (That day actually broke the record on the hottest day recorded on that date!!!)
Dinner was something called HoBo Mush!!! Cole really had fun making it! It was hamburger meat, cubed potatoes, and diced up celery, plus some seasoning in a aluminum foil bag cooked in the fire pit!!! When it was done we added a sauce (ketchup, hot sauce, bbq...), I did the ketchup and it wasn't half bad! We may even try it out at home so I have another meal that the boy can make themselves!
Then after dinner all the boy scouts got together for the Flag Ceremony, some really cute (I mean Cool) skits, and then they had another ceremony that was really cool! I think it was called order of the arrow or arrow of light or something like that. Really don't know much about since well I was never a boy scout and my oldest just joined early this year. But it was very entertaining and very cool!



Then after all the night festivities we (Cole and I) made are way back to Jess's camp using my New IPhone as a flash light! (Love my new phone!!!) At camp we fond tons of toads just hopping around and the boys could not help catching them!!! Lol!!!
We then said good night to Jesse and headed on are long dark journey home (well it felt long)!!!
Saw a group of deer on the side of the highway on are way home!!! We got home a little after 11 and I was thankful Lila was already asleep, I gave her a kiss and told her I love and missed her all day!!!
I am very thankful that I got the opportunity to visit Jess at camp. It has help with all my worrying knowing now where he is, that he is eating well (someone stopped me to tell me he goes back for seconds on the salad, that's my boy!), he is clean, and having fun!!!

~Love~Smile~Enjoy~Happiness~
~RA~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...